Now in Technicolor

I was striking in black and white. You couldn't see my red spots. You couldn't see my racoon eyes. But what fun is life without those?

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Disclaimer: Minor Urine References Within

Who decided that the default color for pencils should be this sort of offish yellow? And it is offish. It's not even true yellow. It's like if yellow had relations with a yellow/orange and its love child was default color pencil yellow. You would think that the default color for pencils would be--like--wood. Or something. Maybe that shade of yellow is so unpopular that it was the cheapest coating in which to make the pencils. They had, like, three gazillion tanks of this yellow and kids everywhere were getting splinters from their uncoated wood-color pencils and they had to coat them with something so kids wouldn't get splinters and so they coated them with all this three cents a bucket ugly arse yellow hue.

And maybe the number 2 isn't really the hardness of the graphite. Maybe it's actually a denotation that this was their second attempt at making a successfully functioning pencil. It's all psychosematic, really. Erasers are pink for the sole reason that erasers are pink. Pink Pearl made a fortune making huge hand erasers and then everyone was like, I want to make my eraser that sort of pink salmony color too! And so there it was.

It's sort of like toilet paper. You know, we bleach our toilet paper. Paper isn't white, contrary to popular belief. We bleach our toilet paper even though we don't have to and it pollutes our lakes and streams. Because brown toilet paper would be sort of redundant, I guess. We need to see if our piss is an unusual hue. I suppose. I'm sorry if anyone read that sentence.

I think if someone dressed in pencil coordination with a sort of grey scarf or bandana and pencil yellow dress or shirt with a black pant, if applicable, donning sort of salmon pink shoes with silver accents I don't think they'd look terribly good. Though, on the other hand, I find pencil thin mustaches attractive on some people. And pencil skirts are quite nice, though I'm too short to pull one off. Pencils have inspired many a fabulous trendy look. They just look like piss on a stick. My apologies, again, to anyone who read that last bit.

currently: stubbornly awake

current picture:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home