Now in Technicolor

I was striking in black and white. You couldn't see my red spots. You couldn't see my racoon eyes. But what fun is life without those?

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

For All Those Who Wanted One for Christmas and/or Your Birthday

Driving down whatever turns into Vandosdale on my way back from work I saw the most curious sight. When you think of the animal kingdom you think of dignity. Respect. Nature! But society has banged it into our heads (I talk about society as a generalization way too much, sometimes) that nature is graceful and regal and, for some reason, appropriate. Why nature would be appropriate is beyond me. But taking all of this self-allowed conditioning into my head, you can imagine my amusement at a pony scratching its arse on the fence right in front of me.

This wasn't just a momentary pause at the fence. This little fellow had a deep down burrowing kind of itch that lasted even after I turned. And I honestly think that fart knew what he was doing when he picked the side of the fence that every human in their obtrusive automobiles could have a clear view of.

It's like if a fairy expelled gas. You would expect a cow or even a large horse to expunge themselves of an itch, but ponies are higher in the hierarchy of perfect animals. I just keep thinking of a little girl (or boy) who wanted that cute pink or rainbow pony seeing this determined little khaki colored mini-horse scratching its rear-end on that chain-link fence right in front of their cherry-cheeked little faces. It does my heart good.

currently: pigging out

current picture:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home