Now in Technicolor

I was striking in black and white. You couldn't see my red spots. You couldn't see my racoon eyes. But what fun is life without those?

Friday, August 04, 2006

Womanhood half restored--and then some.

So here we are still moping around the Kohl's shopping center the next day lazily searching over various textures, sizes, shapes, colors, and styles of shoes ranging from tennis to sports to formal to casual, sandals, highheels, strappies, boots even. (No slingbacks quite yet.) My eyes graze over the clearance rack like a cow over dead grass when suddenly my eyes catch a blade. It is bright blue standing straight on its end. It is staring at me, urging me to its solemn rest in its cardboard coffin. Little blue bits of straps to cuddle sharply into my toes. They are--my shoes.

They've been in the shoe stockroom all this time! Hiding their little cute bohemian style from my grasp. I immediately put them on hold.

Along with:

*Three pairs of earrings
*Two skirts
*And a pair of black, wingtip, high-heeled, Mary-Janes that I will not buy, but will look at longingly before I put them back on the rack.

Granted, most of this (sans my savior shoes) is for my halloween costume. I'm going to be Angel from RENT. Which would be much more humorous if one knew what I looked like.

currently: vagina

current picture:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home