Now in Technicolor

I was striking in black and white. You couldn't see my red spots. You couldn't see my racoon eyes. But what fun is life without those?

Sunday, August 20, 2006

To Boldly Go...

Who's watching the roast of William Shatner? C'mon, I know you want to. It's like that last brownie that isn't yours. Take it! Take the whole dang brownie pan! Guilty pleasures. Put an apple in his mouth and shove him on a scewer! I love that man. Who can't love William Shatner? He's your drunk uncle who won't admit he's bald.

No, really, I do enjoy me some Shatner. Every once and a while I'll catch Star Trek on Spike or G4 and soak myself in good old fashion progressive television. No one had ever done a show like Star Trek. And, though a questionable actor, Mr. Shatner helped to bring in a whole new type of show with racy topics like gender equality (sorta) and racism (really more than the prior). But you got to see a woman, a black woman, in a position of power. Once I even saw Uhura beat up someone. I was like, hells yeah! Woman roars!

He was also in an episode of the Twilight Zone? The one with the thing on the plane. Beautiful. Perfect for that role. And he's probably very close to being a genuinly nice guy, too. I love those Priceline commericials. You can't hate William Shatner. At least not too long. You can have tiffs with him, but when you see him again he'll always make ya smile.

And anyway, every William Shatner joke ever told all in one place. Can't get any better.

currently: illogically giddy

current picture:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home