Now in Technicolor

I was striking in black and white. You couldn't see my red spots. You couldn't see my racoon eyes. But what fun is life without those?

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Paris Hilton in Space

I have one thing to say on the return to the 80's fashion that's going around: camel toe is never cool and will never be coo.

As I was swimming home from work the day before yesterday I was trying to think if I had any interesting tidbits that I could share on my...blog. That's right. I'm now preplanning my blogs in my head. I had the camel-toe bit swimming around there a while.

To the one person waiting for the review to the play he's starring in (if he's still reading my blog) I am still trying to gather a cohesive opinion to Unidentified Human (forgot that word in my entry about it) Remains and the True Nature of Love to put in Layreview. I really want to get this one out before the show ends.

Does anyone have any idea where to get a cheapish santa clause coat and/or zebra tights so that I can be a fabulous drumming drag queen from RENT? I am having way too much trouble with these simple items. Maybe I'm being too picky. I feel like I should continue that thought, but I don't have anything interesting to add.

Oh, by the way, in my world right now it's after three A.M. I can't, for the life of me, get to sleep. Granted, I haven't tried. Well, I did a little bit. No, I didn't.

I'm going to volunteer again this Saturday at the Black Box. Maybe this time I'll be, you know, social or something. I'm going to be with my friend, Jay. So at least I can alienate everyone else by only talking to her if worse comes to worse.

You know, I just have to say something about theatre people just for a little moment. I have this theory, I don't care if I'm offending because it's not meant to be offensive it's meant to be pure observation from a social worker's daughter. Anyway, I have this theory that theatre people are just as socially inept as I am, but have found a collection, a cliqué if you will, of other people who can be socially inept in the exactly same way as they are. They speak in their own language and completely leave anyone not theatre oriented out of the conversation.

I think theatre people are fantastic, though. I think they're fantastic because they can do something I cannot, will not, nor have any desire to do. (Okay, maybe a little hidden cheeky desire.) They create in themselves, from themselves, directly. I can create, I'm not disputing my ego--I'm awesome. But I can't create directly from my body, mind, and emotion to someone else. I can't speak and move my body and effect people by a look. It's amazing! I am in awe of that sort of talent.

But not in that creepy obsessive way. No, I save that sort of adoration for drag queens, Alan Cumming, and the Hedwig soundtrack.

Well, actually, those are the actor theatre people. I think the others are fantastic too, though. Because they have this amazing ability to see beyond what I have the ability to and see what can be. Right now I couldn't plan a play if I wanted to. I could plan a movie, but not a play. My brian isn't tuned to it.

I just erased a paragraph because I didn't like it. I thought that was needed to be known because it's after three A.M. and I have every right to erase a paragraph and tell everyone about it.

Okay, before I spend thirty minutes making another eraseable paragraph I'm gonna be off with me. Expect a new layreview entry...eventually.

Oh, and hello, Howie. Abby told me you commented and I looked back and saw you had. Then I followed your link and remembered who you were. And you probably aren't actually still reading this, but I thought I'd say hello. Hello. Person not there.

currently: In England it's nine fifty-one A.M.

current picture:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home