Now in Technicolor

I was striking in black and white. You couldn't see my red spots. You couldn't see my racoon eyes. But what fun is life without those?

Thursday, January 18, 2007

New Obsessions and Old Obsessions Getting Married

Old Obsessions Getting Married:

Alan Cumming to Grant Shaffer (www.grantshaffer.com).

http://www.pridesource.com/article.shtml?article=22929

Alan Cumming is one of my very favorite actors. I have always admired his work and have gained inspiration from what he does and who he appears to be in the limelight. I fell in love with him in such a hard and giddy way the first time I saw him interviewed.

J. Zuniga and I were talking yesterday about the people you really like, really enjoy, really admire you usually didn't when you first saw them. I originally despised Alan's voice on the Cabaret soundtrack. But after seeing him in an interview and recognizing his name I fell in mad, innocent, crazy love with his persona. I listened to the soundtrack again and, thus, fell in mad, innocent, crazy love with it, as well.

And so this article telling how he's found a love to share the probable rest of his life with is so satisfying to me. I'm so happy for him. He doesn't even know it, but someone is truly happy for him. Good job, Alan! Congratulations on falling in love and being yourself to the end. You inspire me to take chances. Too bad I haven't acted on that, quite yet.

Oh, and p.s. He's going to be in a Mini Series on Sci Fi in December. It's called "Tin Man." It's a modernization of "The Wizard of Oz" story. Not sure how that's going to work, but if Alan's in it, I know I'll like at least one character. (He's playing a man with half a brain.)

New Obsessions:

Please. No one hang, shoot, or maim me. Don't point fingers and laugh. But I am in puppy dog love with Doctor Who. Not the man, the series. The idea and concept. (Tom Baker too, but I digress.)

This series has caught me by the interest neurons and shook me until I became loopy. Love it. I want to read the original books. I think it is a fantastic idea and I love the new series. I loooved Christopher Eccleston (if you've never heard of him check him out in the latest season of Heroes). And David Tennant isn't too bad, either. Tom Baker is the sanest insane person I've ever seen. Those eyes. Those creepy eyes. Those boggly, bulging, beautiful eyes. It's like staring into a prince halfway through transformation from a frog. But a cute frog. Like kermit.

Alright. This was a useless entry.

Just the kind of entry I like writing. It means life is liveable enough to not have to write about the suffering.

Who? Me? Melodramatic? Pshha.

currently: Fan. Big Fartin' Fan.

current picture:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home