Now in Technicolor

I was striking in black and white. You couldn't see my red spots. You couldn't see my racoon eyes. But what fun is life without those?

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

You ever get a craving?

For something that is obviously not natural for you to be craving? I don't mean pregnancy cravings, I mean those everyday food cravings. Like, you're watching tv or eating a sandwich and suddenly you have this gutwrenching craving for potato chips. Can you imagine if cavemen had a craving for potato chips? No. They aren't a naturally occuring food.

I wonder if that is why we evolved (I know I know, I'm in the south and that's a dirty word). If we were eating bark and berries and raw meat and thought, "Man. I could really eat some carbohydrates from a brown round vegetable that you can chop into slices and bake and/or fry with various other chemicals that don't exist yet. Something crispy. And this bark ain't cuttin' it. I'm going to invent the wheel."

I wonder if it was genuinly a desire for something better in our lives that drove us forward. Or perhaps it was a selfish desire for something better--either way we went from being deer-like prey to obnoxious earth-destroying human beings. Homosapiens, even!

I dunno. Can a craving for potato chips really do all that? I had a craving for potato chips a few days ago and went down to the Walgreens store and bought some on sale. But what if I hadn't had potato chips? Hell, I could have cured cancer...

currently: a swhat?

current picture:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home