Now in Technicolor

I was striking in black and white. You couldn't see my red spots. You couldn't see my racoon eyes. But what fun is life without those?

Monday, December 04, 2006

Regifted

This is how you tell if you've been regifted. The box that your present came in looks like it's not the box it may have come in because of white fold marks of prior openings and fingerings and tape on both sides of the lid, holding it down. But, when you open it, it IS the picture on the outside of the box regardless of your intitial preconceptions. And the picture is of a dip bowl and spreader with various fruit and/or gourd paintings along the cheaply painted porcelain bowl and spreader handle.
Today this regifting pisses me off more than others. People who conserve piss me off, today. And I use piss in the most kindest way possible. It's better than I could say. Anway, the reason why this pisses me off is because this gift was dug out of the bottom of a box of gifts and given to me with no thought of who I am.

"But everyone likes dip!"

But not everyone wants fruit embellished dishware to celebrate their love of dip. I already have dipware. It's called an old coolwhip bucket and a knife!

It is ridiculous to assume that this gift was anything more than a stumble to prove oneself in the social status of workplace folly. If your gift wasn't meant for me, don't give me a gift. I'll accept a card. Personalise the dern thing. It just...it seems silly and petty and...and I'm done now. And late.

Goodbye.

Currently: Dip..py?

Current picture:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home