Now in Technicolor

I was striking in black and white. You couldn't see my red spots. You couldn't see my racoon eyes. But what fun is life without those?

Sunday, December 03, 2006

My Life is Jiggling Away

I just fixed myself lemon jellow cut in cubes in a small plastic cup. I might as well have committed myself. I might as well have sealed the jellow in one of those plastic tops and served it to myself on a tray. And attached to an IV my arm. And the IV is labelled inspiration and motivation. And right now it's gone.

You ever get those epiphanies? Those things that just clue you in on what life is really about and you can see your path clearly and with no obstacles at all and right through all those would-be obstacles? I haven't seen that in a long time, either.

These are the facts that remain:
Sue is dying.
My inspiration is dying.
My motivation is dying.
And I'm eating lemon jell-o out of a little plastic container.

It's one of those things you have to pretend to laugh about because it's so ridiculous and you'd be so humorless not to. Just make sure not to cry while you're laughing because if you're eating the jell-o while crying it's just injustice to the scene. You can't eat jell-o and cry. You eat icecream and cry. But eating jell-o and crying is like murdering Bill Cosby. It's disgusting. It's senseless. It's hilarious, but only for the moment.

The truth is, the sky is gray. And hell if I can see the sun right now. I need...a big leaf/cloud blower.

currently: If I have to answer this, you're not a very perceptive reader.

current picture:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home