Now in Technicolor

I was striking in black and white. You couldn't see my red spots. You couldn't see my racoon eyes. But what fun is life without those?

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

What the--

Freak snow storm, isn't it?

Here I am, driving innocently on my way to work at the college. Doo-doo-doo do do...that's the sound I make when I'm driving. Or, at least, that's my soundtrack in my head while I'm driving--I'm a simple person. One piece orchestra type gal. None of that BOOOM BOOOOM BAH DA DAH DAAAAH DAH...tinkytinkytinkytinky BOOM BOOOOM BAH DA DAH DAAAAAAAH DAH.

Anyway, so I'm driving. I'm listening to Eddie Izzard and laughing my arse off, which, by the way, isn't entirely safe in a car, but I digress. Suddenly it starts to snow. Imagine that--winter and it's snowing. I scream in absolute joy. I say "Well it's about g-dd-mn f-cking time!" Which, at the time, seemed to be the best profane in existence for it. I'm much more prone to profanity in cold weather.

Snow got mad.

Woooooosh! it said. And an entire bowl of sugar tipped over and fell on Knoxville. Top-heavy vans were skidding behind me. People had their wiper blades turned on. The road turned shiny with the gleam of frothy snow spittle. I turned into an old lady and kept to 40/45 miles an hour.

Oops.

So, on behalf of Knoxville, I apologize for the sudden blizzard. My bad. It was a lot prettier when it wasn't rushing into my windshield, I've got to say.

currently: brrr

current picture:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home