Now in Technicolor

I was striking in black and white. You couldn't see my red spots. You couldn't see my racoon eyes. But what fun is life without those?

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Gorey, Hair B-Gone, and Evil Spock

Re: Gorey Ball

Where were you! You fiends! You...you...people who aren't going to read this! What was it? October fest? Beerfest? Fall break? You Saturday night whores, you were supposed to be at the Gorey Masquerade so I wasn't wandering around aimlessly in a peacoat, tights, and wool hat with a "Hello, My Name is: Hector (killed by thugs)" sticker on my coat. I didn't get lost in the old city in the middle of the night just to finally find my way to Market Square and be bored out of my mind! You pions! Where were you, partymakers of the night? Drunk off beer? Eating too much baclava? Being fall-y? Ya bastards and biotches alike!

But that's okay. That's alright. I talked about firefly and Joss Whedon with two fellow intellectual geeks. I helped a girl cure her hiccups. And I had awkward conversation. Bet you're jealous now.

Re: What hair?

I can't tell you how good it feels not to have hair.

Answer: Evil Spock
Question: What sticker is covering the scratch marks on the right side of my laptop computer?

Have you ever fallen in love with a gay man? Oh shush, yes you have, I don't care what gender you call yourself. I don't mean to be cliché. I don't mean to fit into a mold, but I think it's a constant in my life that I fall in lust...infatuation with gay men. Celebritywise we have my affairs with both Sir Elton John and not-so-Sir Alan Cumming. Non-celebrity wise...well...if I told you I'd have to kill you. No I wouldn't.

The thing is, I usually know in the first few minutes that, oh, they are not straight and (therefore) would not be interested in me. Sometimes I don't. That's okay. I'll cry about it later when I'm talking to my psychiatrist when I'm thirty and still haven't had a deep relationship with another human. But, the question is, what do I see in gay men that I prefer?

It's not a stereotypical thing because I've fallen for gay men who aren't obviously "gay." There must be some trait shared in the gay community that isn't stereotypical but, regardless, common. This has been an ongoing struggle. I've been called a hag, and a fly (a fruit fly, heh) by a good friend. I've also been attracted to gay men since I was a wee girl.

Maybe it's a forbidden fruit, thing. Or it's a safety thing. Attracted to gay men! Ooh, that means I can't have a relationship deeper than "girl, you look great in that shirt." (p.s. No one's ever said that to me.)

I also have another forbidden infatuation. W.E. Hill, my lesbian crush.. She is in a relationship right now. And because I have deeper feelings for her (oh, unrequited love!) I've failed to become a greater friend. It's one of those selfish, egotistical moves that makes it easier for me and makes her feel like maybe she's done something wrong. Or not. Regardless, I still like-like her and she only likes me. The cutie.

Ah, well. I think I'll just stick with being attracted to the transies, the gay "bois" and lesbian "gyrls" (written that way just to annoy someone who may or may not be still reading this neglected blog, yes, I was listening to your conversation).

currently: Bladder bloated

current picture:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home