Now in Technicolor

I was striking in black and white. You couldn't see my red spots. You couldn't see my racoon eyes. But what fun is life without those?

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Don't Close Your Eyes

Prologue:

Dear Google,

I changed to the new blogger blogging thing because I knew that eventually I would be tossed into the new blogger regardless of my desire to stay in old, simplier concoctions of blog. I like familiarity. I like regularity. I like to be able to get to the blogger site on the first try. It's the little things, really.

The good people at blogger.com promised easier access to the Google Blogger. They promised a shiny, new dashboard. They promised other stuff that sounded really good. But what did EMGreen get? She got told to repeatidly try back in 30 seconds. Because Google couldn't handle it. You listen to me, Google. I had a great entry...a wonderful entry in my head. And, yes, I could've written it down on paper or opened a word processor of some kind--but that's all in the past now! And I'm stuck with no inspiration. Because you were serving the wrong...server or something really terribly uninteresting!

Well, Google. I want my old blogger blogger back. Go away! I don't need you anymore! Don't take the cat, she's mine! Get your hands off that Chinese takeout, I paid for half of that, buster! You're a turd in yellow water! Rawwwr!

Yours truly,

EMGreen

Chapter One: Don't Close Your Eyes

Because you'll fall asleep.

You've just gotten back from work yesterday night. It's about 10:30/11:00. You worked all day yesterday from 9am to 4:30 at your first job and 6-10:00 at your second job. Poor you. You seem to have been working pretty consistently but not really getting anything accomplished. At your first job you type some stuff. You copy 35 duplicates of a 31 page packet for a teacher and label it the "Leaning Tower." You do other really important stuff.

Then you go to your second job. You clean bathrooms, take trash, vacuum departments, mop bathrooms, and slug your way back home. Home? Oh, yes, you remember this place. This is where your computer, cats, and bed are. This is also where food is. This is also where someone called "mom" talks to you occassionally. Mom is that thing with the blonde hair who feeds you. Yes, you remember home.

The next day you're at your first job again about to go to your second job. You start to make a blog entry except can't get to the site do to some idiot name Google doing something to you server that you're sure is inappropriate. You finally get to typing an entry with all your patience and inspiration gone and you realize near the end that there is no meaning to this entry. You make it a point to start making meaningful entries in the future. In the meantime you fear closing your eyes because once you do it's all over. You're with Doctor Who, humping in the TARDIS even though you're pretty sure you might be a lesbian.

After all is said and done you realize that life is just like this. And, for now, it will stay like this. You don't' think too much about it because then you'll write an entry that's much too long for anyone to pay attention to more than the first paragraph. No that anyone reads your blog except one male actor and a very sweet girl. And you're pretty sure that this audience has been narrowed to that one very sweet girl who left you that comment that one time. You remember? Yeah.

currently: nonclinically insane (is there a distinct difference)

current picture: ----<---<@ (it's a rose)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home