Now in Technicolor

I was striking in black and white. You couldn't see my red spots. You couldn't see my racoon eyes. But what fun is life without those?

Monday, March 24, 2008

Las Madrés y Los Padrés

Monday, Monday

So good to me.


Monday, Monday


It was all I hoped it would be.

So, I'm here today. It's about 9am. It's ridiculous. I should be spending the morning in a nice half-doze. Why can't people naturally start their days later? What's the hurry? What's the rush? Why can't we spend as much time being alive as we can? Certainly--CERTAINLY--there's something more important to do than the doldrum of office work.



Oh Monday morning


Monday morning couldn't guarantee


That Monday evening


You would still be here with me.

But it's not that Monday is a bad day. It's completely coincidental that Monday is the first day of the work week. It could be Sunday. Why is Sunday the official week starter when it's not the first work day? What sort of logic is that? It's like calling icecream an entree but continuing to eat it as if it were a desert. And, even, calling it a desert as we call Sunday part of the weekend even though calenders convince us of its status at the beginning. I feel berated by my calender every time I include Sunday in my weekend activities.



Monday, Monday


Can't trust that day.


Monday, Monday


Sometimes it just turns out that way.

I think people would feel better if we got rid of the concept of Monday. I'm not sure how to go about doing that, though. You can't just get rid of the concept of starting the workweek. If you get rid of the day Monday then the song would be called Tuesday Tuesday. And though not as pleasing to the ears, still the same feeling attached to it. Perhaps if we absolutely said that Sunday was the beginning of the week we could come at the week with the impression that we've started it out on a positive note instead of dreading Monday we could say "Hey, we're on the second day of the week! We're doing pretty darn swell!"



On Monday morning


You gave me no warning


Of what was to be.


On Monday, Monday


How could you leave


And not take me?

People don't use the word "swell" enough. It's an underrated expression of celebration. "Gee" is also underused, as is "nifty" and "spiffy." "Cool?" "Hot?" "Fierce?" "Rad?" All so tacky. And fierce? Really? That's awful. "You're fierce!" What? No I'm not. I don't have any intention of attacking you, I promise. I'm hardly even an omnivore in the complete sense let alone someone would would be so driven by primal urges to be fierce. I have no muscle mass! No threat.



Every other day


Every other day


Every other day


Of the week is fine, yeah.

I don't know. I'm not too terribly fond of Tuesdays. It's really a useless day. It's a segue day. It's only used to get from Dreaded Monday to Hump Wednesday. It's like one of those useless walking scenes in a movie that only serves to show continuity. It's terribly boring and not at all intriguing but wholly needed to make the movie comprehendable.



But whenever Monday comes


But whenever Monday comes


You can find me crying


All of the time.

There's a disorder called Seasonal Affective Disorder where people literally become severely depressed during season in where sun isn't visible or when it's cold. They stay in their house all day and mope. And I use mope in the most sensitive way possible. Obviously they can't control it. They've surrendered their control to past events and chemical imbalances. And, to their credit, it's a lot easier to surrender.



Monday, Monday


So good to me.


Monday, Monday


It was all I hoped it would be.


But Monday morning,


Monday morning couldn't guarantee


That Monday evening


You would still be here with me.



I can't understand couples who are "attached at the hip." I think no matter how much you love each other individuals are essentially individual even if ultimately we're all part of the same energy. Thus, it's okay to have individual likes and dislikes and you don't always have to show up everywhere together. It's stressful to have to attend something just to appease your mate. And when you are hip on hip you suddenly segregate yourself from everyone else. You are no longer Jane and John you are some disturbing mutated amalgamation of Jane and John call Janohn. Janohn is a dissociative little creature who is constantly in reluctant disagreement with Janohn's best interests. Soon Janohn can't handle such passive aggressive aggression and Janohn breaks up into two weakened and pitiful personalities, broken down by failed communion.



Every other day


Every other day


Every other day


Of the week is fine, yeah.

Except for Tuesday.



But whenever Monday comes


But whenever Monday comes


You can find me crying


All of the time.


Tear ducts were fashioned to get rid of toxins from the body and to flush out your eyes of foreign bodies. If your tear ducts aren't working your eyes will become scratchy and scarred from dust and salts. I wonder if that's what happens to your being if you can't cry to let go fear, sadness, depression, anger, or even happiness. Emotions are unique reactions to human beings in the fact that they have more power over us than even instinct. I've yet to decide if this is a benefit or a handicap.




Monday, Monday,


Can't trust that day.


Monday, Monday,


It just turns out that way.

I'm not sure what's worse, the personification of imaginary concepts and nouns such as the days of the week or so freely accepting your situation as to let a Monday become untrustworthy and wallowing in the anger and conflicting emotions of it without even attempting to improve the situation.



Oh, Monday, Monday,


Won't go away.


Monday, Monday


It's here to stay


Oh Monday, Monday


Oh Monday, Monday

But if it did go away you'd understand the pure evil of Tuesday much better.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://advocate.com/issue_story_ektid52664.asp

;-)

Jemma xXx

Tue Mar 25, 07:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home