Now in Technicolor

I was striking in black and white. You couldn't see my red spots. You couldn't see my racoon eyes. But what fun is life without those?

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Sanity-Check, Boredom-Double-check

I go on these blogging splurges where I post nearly everyday for about three to five days and then I take a haitus for nearly a month and then I post again. I don't normally have this much sane time where I'm not exhausted so that I can actually think but since I've gotten a temporary position in the English department of a local college I suddenly have constant access to a computer with internet and enough down hours to compose a blog or two.

I'm not really bored, here. Bored would be laying on my back with my legs drapped over the arm of my recline-chair with a million things to do but no inspiration to do them. That's my definition of pure boredom. Not just the lack of things to do but the apathy about things needing to be done that creates it. No, right now I'm just plain old lacking anything to keep me entertained.

So I'm entertaining myself.

This morning I accomplished fantastic feats. First, I replenished the office supplies. I washed a vase and the dry erase marker jar. I put dry erase markers into the dry erase marker jar. I put candy into the candy jar. I replenished the large rubberbands. I put more pencils in the drawer beside the dry erase markers. I picked up trash. I helped someone get into a teacher's office to retrieve their back pack. Their three thousand pound green backpack with a black strap that nearly pulled something in my arm, I'm not sure what. I don't even think I had anything in my arm that would have been pulled by the action if I hadn't picked up the pack. It created a muscle to be pulled. That's how heavy it was.

I'd forgotten how much of an ache (a literal ache) it was to be a student. To think I'll be subjecting myself to that again after spring semester and summer.

In other news, I'm going to Kohl's after I get off from here. We'll see how that goes. I'm not sure about this whole working two jobs kinda thing. But, after all, this job right here is only temporary. So it's not as if it'll last forever.

Time warp: Look who just packed student perceptions in less than five minutes flat! That's right. It's me. We can celebrate later with cheap red wine and cheddar cheese on trisquits.

currently: three and a half hours in

current picture:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home